This study is looking at how to treat the problem of soft tissue dehiscences at implant sites. It is assessing the influence of two different flap designs (envelope Coronally Advanced Flap (eCAF)) and Modified Tunnel Technique (MTT)) with the addition of a connective tissue graft (CTG).
This clinical trial will involve 28 participants. Participants will be randomly divided into two groups and each will undergo mucogingival surgery involving different flap designs. This study began on July 10th 2018 and is predicted to be completed by April 1st 2021.
- Over 18 years old
- Periodontally and systemically healthy
- Full-mouth plaque score and full-mouth bleeding score ≤ 20% (measured at four sites per tooth)
- Correct implant 3-dimensional position or buccal position ≤ 1 mm
- Buccal soft tissue dehiscence ≤ 4 mm
- Only osseointegrated implants
- The patient must be able to perform good oral hygiene
- Contraindications for periodontal surgery
- Patients pregnant or attempting to get pregnant
- Malpositioned implant
- STD > 4 mm
- Multiple adjacent implants with STD
- Existing of peri-implantitis
- Severe bone loss (≥4mm)
- Moderate-severe interproximal bone loss (implant fixture level to the alveolar bone > 3 mm)
- Moderate-severe papilla height loss (Nordland and Tarnow implant papillae index >1)
- Previous mucogingival surgery around the implant within the past six months or implant placement at the surgical site less than six months prior
- Smoking more than 10 cigarettes a day
This study is taking place at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States, 48109. For further information, contact Lorenzo Tavelli, DDS on +1 (734) 6044364 or at email@example.com.
This study is sponsored by the University of Michigan and the Delta Dental Foundation. Hom-Lay Wang, DDS MSD PhD is the Principal Investigator.
Clinical TrialsView All Clinical Trials
Immediate Placement and Stabilization of Dental Implants With Tetranite Stabilization Material
This goal of this study is to determine if a new bone adhesive is useful in stabilizing dental tooth implants. Data…
The Eztetic Dental Implant System
This is an observational study in which patients in need of dental implants in the front regions of the maxilla or…
Short Dental Implants vs. Long Dental Implants
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the survival rate of 5 mm short implants compared to longer implants (10…
Comprehensive Alveolar and Tooth Esthetic Replacement
The purpose of this study is to evaluate whether including an allogeneic gum graft (a graft from an external donor)…
Impact of Laser-modified Abutment Topography on Peri-implant Mucosal Integration
This study is looking at the benefits of using a laser-etched abutment during dental implant treatment. An abutment…